In the career of any graphic designer, sooner or later there comes a moment when you need to look for new effective ways of making money. Often, designers are tired of irregular orders and unstable income. This is what prompts you to choose marketplaces as a way of regular payments.
Why should you consider selling your designs online?
Selling your works online is an affordable way to make money if you are a graphic designer. Unlike working with individual clients, this will allow you to reach a wider audience and sell graphic products more effectively.
As one of the options for places to sell your works, you can consider personal social media. This is quite a convenient way to show the world author’s graphic products. At the same time, the disadvantage is the difficulty of attracting a newly interested audience. In this, social media are significantly inferior to specialized marketplaces, which we will talk about further.
How do marketplaces differ from other places of sale of ready-made graphic products?
If you previously considered marketplaces only as an additional source of income, then it’s time to reconsider your attitude.
- It is stable. There is no need to depend on non-permanent orders and constantly be in search of customers. On marketplaces, buyers find you and your products themselves. If your designs are successful and popular, then the income will be stable and constant.
- An ideal way to start a career. If you are a beginner designer and are looking for all possible ways to develop and monetize your work, then marketplaces are an ideal place for a successful quick start. Do not be afraid to try your hand at selling graphic products. This is a solid foundation for your future development as a professional graphic designer.
- This is a semi-passive source of income. Unlike customers with specific requests, graphic products on the marketplace do not require constant intervention and changes at the will of the buyer. You only need to create a product once and place it on the platform and wait for the first sales. One of the popular and reliable marketplaces is MasterBundles, the features of which we will talk about in a while but let’s discover a few more worthy options.
With an expansive library of over 6 million products, CreativeMarket has become a go-to for many graphic designers looking for high-quality digital assets. It provides a platform for users to purchase and sell design assets such as fonts, graphics, themes, templates, and other creative goods. In addition, the marketplace is constantly growing, providing new products and features to help customers create their best work.
It is another online marketplace for web designers. It offers a variety of graphic design elements for use in websites, including icons, logos, fonts, and more. GraphicRiver also provides templates for creating website headers, footers, and other page elements. The site is easy to navigate, and users can quickly find the perfect item for their project.
CreativeFabrica is the ultimate destination for designers and crafters to use to create their designs. It’s a marketplace that offers digital assets such as fonts, illustrations, graphics, 3D SVGs, and more, so you can use them in your creative projects. CreativeFabrica also provides tutorials and resources to help you get started with design projects.
The main principles of working with the MasterBundles platform.
MasterBundles is an online marketplace that specializes in selling a variety of graphic products. The platform aims not only to make money but also to support aspiring designers, so it is a great option if you decide to sell your deal for the first time. You can safely start selling any type of graphic product, as the marketplace offers its users many categories with designs, templates, icons, fonts, and other offers.
MasterBundles takes a 50% commission on sales in exchange for listing your product on the platform. In turn, the marketplace provides excellent customer service and a stable flow of interested clients.
Another additional way to earn on the platform is available to designers with an active audience on social networks. In addition to income from sales of graphic products, you can become a member of the MasterBundles affiliate program. To do this, you need to advertise the platform on your social networks and offer your audience referral links. For each use of the link that results in a sale on the marketplace, you will receive 15% of the sale. All actions and earnings can be easily tracked in the affiliate’s account, and it is also convenient to withdraw earned funds there.
Advantages and Disadvantages of MasterBundles
- A wide selection of product categories. This advantage provides both the freedom of the designer in choosing the desired graphic product and a wide audience of consumers. MasterBundles customers expect new and new professional templates for various uses, this niche can still be filled. Another popular category is logos, so you can easily upload your bundle logos to the marketplace.
- The designer chooses the price. MasterBundles will only offer an average pricing policy in your chosen category, but the final choice is yours. Adjust the price as you wish.
- A support team is always available. If you have any questions or difficulties, the customer support service will respond instantly to your request.
- A simple algorithm for adding your products. The intuitive Sell Your Deal form will guide you through all the difficult stages so that the product is placed as quickly as possible. During the process of adding a design to the platform, you will be advised which tags and visuals are better to choose.
- Informative blog. Not all marketplaces can boast of such blog content. There you will find useful articles on any topic, descriptions of popular categories, and products that come out regularly. MasterBundles also has a graphic design blog that has answers to most questions, especially if you’re just starting on the platform. There is a lot of interesting and useful content related to graphic and web design, such as this marble cute backgrounds article.
- Competition is inevitable. Although many categories are not yet overflowing with designers, there are quite popular product types. To get noticed, you will need to try and provide a quality product with effective descriptions and tags.
- Commission. MasterBundles has one of the lowest fees on the market among similar marketplaces. However, it is there, and not all designers like it.
- Withdrawal limits. An important point that should not be forgotten is the minimum withdrawal amount of earned funds. You will not be able to withdraw your earnings if your account balance is less than $50.
Now that you know the basic principles of working with marketplaces using MasterBundles as an example and have familiarized yourself with the pros and cons of working with this particular platform, it’s time to make a decision. Given the simple and open mechanism of registering and downloading products, you should not be afraid to set up this way of earning. We especially recommend aspiring designers to try it, as it can be a good starting point for your future career. Get started by exploring the platform’s website and registering your account now.
Selling your ready-made graphic products on special marketplaces is a great way to make money for beginning designers. In this way, you can ensure a stable and almost passive income. Marketplaces allow you to reach a wide audience and make a sure start in your career.